
In my travels to tropical places there has been a constant need to “fight” the local climate for survival and social class status. Hop in the AC, ward off scorpions, put on loads of sun block. It feels very different here at
Balicamp- everything is open air and smells like frangipani.
My friend Patricia recommended this particular surf camp because her friend Alex runs it- and warned that there’d be a whole lotta Deutsch goin’ on. Every other guest is from Germany, Switzerland or Austria- I'm brushing up a bit on my HS skills.
The camp is a surfer boy’s dream: DJ table, 2 pool tables, fussball, huge DVD collection, pool, open bar, lounging tents, and open bungalows. It truly is a camp- shared baths, toothbrushing outside, not a speck of AC to be found.
My room is on the top floor,

There are a pair of cute birds who have made a nest next to my stairs- I scare the bejeezus out of them each time I come & go (sorry!)

And I sleep in a ginormous mosquito net

Check out my fave reading spot. I feel like royalty from another era stretched out on the pillows.
2 comments:
LOVE the birdies on your stairs! How lovely to have some little friends close by... that you don't have to feed or fluff or entertain. :) Looks like a beautiful place, Em. Enjoy the ride!
Achtung, Achtung, das Flugzeug Nummer 10 ist kaputt!
Post a Comment