Saturday, March 14, 2009

As you saw from the pics from this entry http://emilkastravels.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-home-in-canggu.html, my room in Bali is pretty sweet. But I moved to a new room, the main lure being a relaxing, sunny pool. I should have known that it was going to be a sketchy place once I saw the artwork over my bed.

In short, I got out of “the new place” quickly after a series of odd/ick events, and luckily my friend & surf instructor Marcee asked me to house sit while he went on vacation. His place has about 50 well-chosen surfboards, which I love to pull out and inspect. It's also a 45 second walk to Legian Beach, which is a much more touristic scene than my former home in Canggu. It’s been fun exploring another side of Bali.

One of my favorite things about Marcee’s place is that he has a little bat that sleeps above his sink. I’ve never been (knowingly) in such close quarters with an, er, flying mammal. At dusk I’ve caught him/her whirling around the bathroom area before heading out for a night of hunting. Unfortunately, during the day I suspect I'm disturbing his/her sleep each time I use the sink, as I see his/her little ears shifting around while I rinse. I’m hoping that my little friend eats as many mosquitoes as he/she can while I’m in Legian!

No comments: