Last week my father & I saw Tom Stoppard’s “Rock and Roll” at the Huntington Theater in Boston. The Boston Globe has a slideshow which captures the main actors and scenes:
http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/specials/14rocknroll
In regards to Czech authenticity- the beer bottle size was off, the accents were atrocious (they sounded more Russian than Czech- thanks to the James Bond franchise for making a generation of russophile accent inflectors), but the actors seemed to capture bits and pieces of mannerisms and traits of people that I knew when I lived in Prague.
The writing was fantastic- I had no idea that the playwright was born as Tomáš Straussler in Zlín, The Czech Republic. The feature that stood out most to me were (was?) the really simple sets - there were only about 4 in total, but they looked truly lavish and big budget. René Augesen, an actress I’d never seen before, was phenomenal- she plays 2 roles that made me well up repeatedly. Maybe we’ll see more of her in the future?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment