My dad kept me company in the morning- here he's looking at Picasso's "Ma Jolie."
A word to the wise- no checking of laptops at most NYC museums- but at the MoMa they are nice enough to provide a sturdy bag to schlep it in.
We both agreed that we don't know much about the generation of artists that came in the 60s-70s after Picasso, Miro, et al., and that we'll hit that era on our next visit.
After a late lunch the weather cleared up, and I walked through midtown to get to Grand Central. If you have the luxury to do so, I highly recommend strolling on a weekday afternoon- the whole scene is digestible, even if the lights aren't on in their full glory:
1 comment:
When I took my daughter to MOMA the first time, we went through the modern section. Lichtensteins, Warhols, Maleviches, Pollocks. She finally stopped in front of a Rothko and stood there with an angry look on her face.
"Mommy, is this really art?" she said. "Because it doesn't look that hard to make. I bet a lot of people don't think this is really art. But I guess it has to be art, because it's here in this museum."
Post a Comment