Tuesday started off on the right, er, left foot, when I realized that I packed two left shoes. Yes, I love my waterproof Merrells so much that I own 2 identical pairs- just didn't think it through when shoving them in my suitcase. Took it as a good omen.
My fourth day of canvassing was brightened not only by the prospect of finally seeing the results of our work, but also because Cindy drove down from Brooklyn to be my persuasion partner for the afternoon:
Luckily it didn't rain too hard- which was much appreciated by my non-waterproof shoe encased feet, as well as for the poll lines in PA:
We hit 136 houses to encourage people to go to the polls, got in a quick nap at my lovely hosts' home, and then headed to the viewing party for all Bucks County Volunteers:
Joe the Voter is very different than Joe the Plumber in that his name isn't Joe, he isn't a plumber, and he's actually licensed to do things- in this case by the FCC, and to scuba dive:
This was my favorite t shirt of the night- MLK Jr and JFK in the background:
And here's the mood at the party after the TV declared victory- YES WE CAN!
1 comment:
Post a Comment