My group was eliminated today, the casualty of people popping open less soda. You can imagine that this has thrown me for a loop because I really liked my (somewhat new) department and (new & old) colleagues, but I'm lucky in that the axing looks like it will open a couple of doors/windows/minds.
Here I'll document figuring out how to live out my daydream: an awe-inspiring trip to Asia.
In fact, this is going to be the place where I write about future awe-inspiring trips of all sizes. Tomorrow I'll go surfing on Long Beach (a 40 min trip away), and I'll go to the grocery store (5 min away). Which is braver- harnessing big waves or re-harnessing my ability to cook after a 5 year hiatus?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ms kofsky,
congratulations on your freedom. i too have been axed. for me it was from a job i never quite started, it was canceled before my first day. as a result of that gift, i have enjoyed much mind wandering and freedom, the likes of which i always envied. today, for example, i kayaked around two lovely little lakes for 6 hours, catching fish.
employment is so overrated. Enjoy fully!
c
so sorry to hear the news. I hope we get to work again together or perhaps share a wave. I'll be keeping up w/your adventures, Emily. I know they'll be great.
Em,
When I'm feeling low, I like to read this blog:
http://zenhabits.net/
There might be something in there to inspire you on this new adventure.
-M
Post a Comment